I love finding fun crafts and activities for my kids to do during the summer months. I especially prefer the kind that doesn't break the bank.
Even though I plan to continue some light schooling through the summer I plan on incorporating some new activities to keep them from saying the dreaded "Mom, I'm boooored!!!"
Join us for some fun and frugal summer activities for kids!
Up first we have Homemade Popsicle Stick Bracelets...
Are these bracelets not just too stinking' cute! And oh so easy peasy to make! Please take note that there little babies need to dry overnight.
Here's what you need:
- Popsicle sticks - the chunkier the better
- Glitter, gems, paint, string, ribbon, fabric, scrapbook paper, glue, modge podge, whatever you want to use to deck out your bracelets
- A narrow glass that is a little larger than wrist size
1) Start out by boiling water.
2) Toss in your Popsicle sticks and let them boil for about 30 minutes.
3) Remove the sticks from the water, one at a time using tongs.
4) Gently bend the sticks and place them inside a narrow glass.
5) Let the sticks dry OVERNIGHT.
6) Smooth top and edges with sandpaper.
7) Decorate to your little hearts content!
Crafter beware, you may break a few in the process, but press on!
This craft would be good for a group of friends to make as friendship bracelets, but don't forget that they need to dry overnight. You could even watch one of the American Girl movies, like Chrissa, which promote kindness and friendship.
Be sure to check out all of the Fun & Frugal Summer Activities for Kids that we have posted so far.