Being on the TOS Crew has been such a blessing for our family. We have been blessed to review wonderful homeschool products, like the Literature Guides by Progeny Press.
Overall, I liked Progeny Press and already have the Witch of Black Bird Pond and Johnny Tremain Study Guides for next year. I think they ask great questions that really get the student (and the mom) thinking. I feel that they are a worthy purchase and not just busywork.
Over a 100 different Study Guides are available to choose from. Some of the available titles are:
- Lower Elementary (K-3) - The Courage of Sarah Noble, Frog and Toad Together, Keep the Lights Burning Abbie, The Minstrel in the Tower and Miss Rumphius
- Upper Elementary (3-5) - Charlotte's Web, The Door in the Wall, Little House on the Prairie, Mr. Popper's Penguins, and Sarah, Plain and Tall.
- Middle School (5-8) - Across Five Aprils, Amos Fortune Free Man, The Hiding Place, The Golden Goblet, Number the Stars and The Sign of the Beaver.
- High School (9-12) - The Day No Pigs Would Die, Pride and Prejudice, A Tale of Two Cities, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The Red Badge of Courage
The Study Guides are available in three different ways:
- As a printed and bound booklet - $11.99
- On a CD in .pdf format - $10.99
- A pdf file as an e-mail attachment - $10.99
As you can see the Progeny Press Literary Guides are very affordable. To make life easier for the homeschool mama they also sell the accompanying books at very reasonable prices. You can purchase the Progeny Press Study Guides directly through their online store.
You can see what other TOS Crew Members are saying about Progeny Press here.
We received a free Literature Study Guide from Progeny Press for review purposes only. We were not paid in anyway and the opinions expressed here are mine.