Through the TOS Crew we were able to review an online program called K5 Learning. K5 Learning is a personalized online Reading and Math Enrichment program for children in grades K - 5th grade.
We were given a 2 month online subscription to K5 Learning to give the program a whirl. I had my 3 oldest children (grades K, 3rd & 6th) try it out.
From what they did with the program I don't think that anyone disliked it. I think they would all agree it was ok and liked it.
The child that actually used it the most was the Lil' Chef (6th grade). I had definitely wanted her to try it out to give me her opinion but she actually ended up using it a bit for math, due to a technical snag with her regular math program. The Lil' Chef did end up saying that she did like it and it was fun. She mostly worked on mastering the rest of her multiplication facts and some fractions.
Here are 4 Programs the K5 Learning Program offers, as explained on their website:
- K5 Math is an award-winning program which builds self confidence and a deep understanding of math concepts. K5 Math covers numbers and operations, geometry, measurement (including time and money), algebraic thinking and data analysis.
- K5 Math Facts uses adaptive technology to help kids develop instant recall of basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts. Progress on each and every math fact is monitored until mastery is obtained.
- K5 Reading helps kids become strong readers and develop a love of reading. This award-winning program covers phonemic awareness, phonics, sight words, vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- K5 Spelling is an advanced vocabulary program which improves language skills one word at a time. We feature adaptive instruction, automatic word generation, an optimized visual interface, and a 150,000+ word database
K5 Learning offers two different pricing plans:
- Monthly Subscription - $25.00 for the 1st Child, $15.00 for Each Additional Child
- Yearly Subscription - $199.00 for the 1st Child, $129.00 for Each Additional Child
K5 Learning would be good for a supplemental reading and math program like for a struggling learner or, as their website says, as an online after school study program. My only concern is the price, especially for families on a budget.
If you think this program is just the thing for your children but you are on the fence K5 Learning would like to offer yo a 14 day Free Trial. So you cann try before you buy! Included in the free trial your child will receive a free assessment in 8 core reading and math skills.
We received a free 2 month trial of K5 Learning for review purposes only. The opinions stated here are my own and I was not compensated in anyway.