So far we have tried several of the recipes in this cookbook and they have ALL been WINNERS! That is no small feat considering how picky my lovely little crew is.
I love that Mary is a mom just like me, well almost like me - she has 6 more kids than I do. I feel like the more kids you have the better cook you are : ) Being a stay home mom of many Mary has learned many tricks to pinch pennies and cut hundreds from her food bill each month.
In the begin of Family Feasts, Mary shares her frugal wisdom, as well as many of her kitchen secrets to cut down on food costs and time spent in the kitchen. I especially like her chapter on Menu Planning!
Here are the chapters in Family Feasts for $75 a Month:
- What Would You Do with an Extra $100 a Month?
- Come Shopping with Me?
- Guerrilla Shopping
- Efficient Cooking, Good Eating
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Casseroles & Oven Meals
- Stir-fries & Skillet Meals
- Perfect Pasta
- Soups, Stews & Chili's
- Sides & Salads
- Breads, Muffins & Desserts
- Entertaining on a Budget
- The Homemade Pantry
- Metric Charts
Now for the mouth watering part of my little review, here are the recipes that we have already had and LOVED:
- Eggy Breakfast Muffins - The Lil Chef made these. She doubled them so that some could be eaten and some frozen to eat later.
- Easy Pizza Rolls - These were pretty amazing! Have you ever had cream cheese and pepperoni together? If not, you are totally missing out. I promise!
- Chicken Pot Pie with Cheesie Biscuit Topping - I think the title alone says it all!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore - As you know, anything with slow cooker is right up my alley. This was a yummy little comfort food dinner that everyone enjoyed.
- Chili Corn Pone Pie - I frequently write in my cookbooks because I can and because I am forgetful. I will always write yuck next a recipe that is, well yucky. Next to this recipe I have written, "Excellent1 Enjoyed by Everyone!"
- Mexican Tortilla Skillet - This might be my new favorite meal ever! It is totally company worthy and it's super easy. It reminds me of the Taco Bake but much better!
- Baked Ziti Casserole - YUM-MEE!
Mouth watering yet?? Mine is : ) We have several other recipes on our Menu Plan for the week that I am sure will just add to my love for this cookbook.
You can get your own fabulous copy of Family Feasts for $75 a Week right from Amazon, which is currently on sale for around $11.50 (with free super saver shipping I might add).
I can given a free copy of Family Feast for $75 a Week for review purposes only. I was not compensated in any way for my opinions. The opinions expressed in this review are truly mine.