Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jesus! What a Friend for Sinners

Words by J. Wil­bur Chap­man & Music by Row­land H. Prich­ard

Jesus! what a Friend for sinners!

Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me, foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

Refrain

Hallelujah! what a Savior!
Hallelujah! what a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

Jesus! what a Strength in weakness!
Let me hide myself in Him.
Tempted, tried, and sometimes failing,
He, my Strength, my victory wins.

Refrain

Jesus! what a Help in sorrow!
While the billows over me roll,
Even when my heart is breaking,
He, my Comfort, helps my soul.

Refrain

Jesus! what a Guide and Keeper!
While the tempest still is high,
Storms about me, night overtakes me,
He, my Pilot, hears my cry.

Refrain

Jesus! I do now receive Him,
[or Jesus! I do now adore Him,]
More than all in Him I find.
He hath granted me forgiveness,
I am His, and He is mine.

Refrain

 
We sung this song in church today and it reminded me of all the things Jesus does for those that are His!  You can listen to Jesus! What a Friend for Sinners here.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...