Monday, November 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I have a menu plan for the week that been loosely hold too.  We are sick AGAIN!!!  So there have been a few meals that we have just kinda winged it.  Like last night for instance, as I lay sick on the couch The Hubs made PB&J's for every and I have cereal.  Real nutritious, right!  This is why I need to take the advice of my friend Joyce and really stock up on those freezer meals.  If for nothing else but to use in a pinch or in I am sick. 

Monday
Rosie's Hot Chicken Chowder with Tortilla's - I am reviewing a few cookbooks and this is one of the recipes.  It is SOOO good!  I will be posting this review very soon.

Tuesday
Chicken Tetrazinni - I am doubling this and sticking one in the freezer.

Wednesday
Beef Stroganoff- in the crocky pot.

Thursday
Mexican Chicken - All I do is throw some chicken (breasts of thighs) in the crock pot with a jar of salsa, a can of black beans (drained), a bag of frozen corn, taco seasoning and cumin.  I cook of low for about 4-6 hours and top with shredded cheddar when there is about 30 minutes left.  You can serve this over chopped romaine lettuce, and top with sour cream and tortilla chips.  You could also cut your chicken into strips and serve this on tortillas like a fajita. 

Friday
Crock Pot Sloppy Joe's - yes, again!  The Hubs bugs me EVERY week now for sloppy joe's and that Homemade Chili Cheeseburger Helper.  Gotta keep my man happy so yes it is sloppy joe's AGAIN!

Saturday
BBQ Chicken (in the you know what), Sweet Potatoes and Greens - Ok, I have never, that I can recall, eaten Greens (collard greens, kale) but oh my goodness they are great!!  My wonderful family of course did NOT like them one bit.  But I loved them!  So much in fact that I would eat them in car, on a train, in a boat in the rain!  I would eat them here or there.  By golly, I would eat them anywhere!   Your probably thinking it must be all that cold medicine she is taking, right!?

Sunday
Taco Bake - my one freezer meal of the week, it sure did come in handy!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...