Tuesday, May 25, 2010

You Did What With Your Salad Spinner?!!

I am sure that is the question that you will be asking me in just a few moments.  I had seen it on several blogs and on a craft website somewhere.  I thought I would try it some day.  Well, some day was Friday and  the kids LOVED it!  What is IT you ask?  Salad Spinner Art of course. 

I remember when I was a kid having one of those spin art machines, which I loved BTW, but I guess in today's economy moms have been getting more creative.  The next best thing would be a salad spinner.  Here is what we did....

First you take a piece of card stock, your salad spinner and a pencil. 
Trace around the base of the inside piece or colander.  


Next, you are going to cut it out in a circle so that it will fit snugly in the bottom of the salad spinner. 
I did try to use a rectangular piece but it didn't work out so well. 


I did a trial run the night before I let the kids do it, and I found that if you are using acrylic craft paint it works best to water it down just a bit. 


You take drops of paint and go for it.

So that it looks kinda like this.

Or this.


Or maybe even like this one.

 
Then you spin, spin, spin!


I had the kids wait for it to stop spinning on it's own.


Last, check out you new creation! We are going to make a mobile out of ours for the playroom.


WARNING: Just to let you know, this can be a little messy.  Buts it's LOTS OF FUN!


For other great tutorials, check out Smockity Frock's Tutorial Tuesday.  While your there you can congratulate her on her adorable new baby girl!

2 comments:

Smockity Frocks said...

EXTREMELY cool! I love this idea!

Thanks for participating in my Tutorial Tuesday link up. I hope you'll add a link so your readers can enjoy the other tutorials.

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness, this looks like so much fun! Now I wish I had a salad spinner! I'll keep my eyes open at yard sales this summer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...