Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday Solutions - Blueberries

Not sure about you guys but I am ALWAYS looking out for helpful hints and tips to make my life, home and homeschooling ventures a little smoother.  I thought it would be a great idea to share some of the things I have learned with you all.  My first tip taht I want to share is very practical, especailly if you have little ones running around.  And they love blueberries!

Ever had blueberry stains on clothing?  I just bought this adorable little Tiger & Pooh outfit for Little Boy Blue and next thing I know it is covered in blueberries.  I know, what was I thinking, right?  Guess I wasn't thinking at the moment. 

I knew that if I washed it, the blueberries would likely set and the shirt would have to continue it's life as a rag.  I happened to be out of stain remover and I am not the kind of gal that loads up four kids to go to  the store for Shout.  So, what is a girl to do?  Google, of course! 
After reading several suggestions, I picked the craziest one and decided that it really couldn't get any worse at this point.  I put on a pan of water and waited for it to boil.  I laid the now blueberry colored tee shirt in the sink and waited. 

Once the water was at a boil I took it and slowly started to pour it on the stain.  At first it didn't look like much, but I repeat the process 3 times and Viola!  The stain came completely out.   Didn't cost a dime, other than the water.  No chemicals, which is a big whoo hoo for me!

So if you are ever fortunant enough to encounter one of these lovely stains, give it a try!

If any of you have a tip you would like to share please do so in the comments.  Thanks!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...