Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Just In Case You Were Wondering...

Since I am now obsessed really into blogging, my blog is the ocassional the topic of conversation with my hubby and my RLF's (real life friends). Last night the hubs and I were talking about the blog and he thought that Sola Gratia was spanish for something and really wasn't sure why I had chosen this title for my blog considering I speak do not a lick of it.  I was explaining to him that Sola Gratia was one of the five solas.

Then this morning my friend and I were also talking about the blog and she also thought is has something to do with espanol.  Seeing the theme here I thought an explanation might be in order.
Soooo, allow me to explain.  Sola Gratia is By Grace Alone in Latin ,God's Grace that is.  The five solas are from the reformation and they are:

1 Sola scriptura ("by Scripture alone")

2 Sola fide ("by faith alone")

3 Sola gratia ("by grace alone")

4 Solus Christus or Solo Christo ("Christ alone" or "through Christ alone")

5 Soli Deo gloria ("glory to God alone")


So, Living Sola Gratia means to live by God's Grace alone, in other words, not of me but of God.  Now that I am looking at the five solas I am thinking any of them would have made a fine blog title but Sola Gratia works for my life.  The things that the Lord has called me to do (be a wife, mother, homeschooler, keeper of my home, doer of the word, etc), the only reason that I can do any of these things is because of the Grace that Christ has given (and continues to give) me!  The scripture that I try to continually cling to is:

2 Cor 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...