Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

Ater a loooong 3 week winter breakwe started back to school yesterday.  Things went fairly well considering we had a been off so long.  We use the My Father's World curriculum and this year we are using Exploring Countries and Cultures.  We are currently in Europe, we've "been" to Norway, France and now we are in Germany.  I was excited to get to Germany, my grandmother was from there, my mother was born there and I was able to visit Germany with my grandmother as a little girl.  We are learning a little about German customs, the language and the foods.  Sometime this week I'd like to make something that Germans eat regularly.  I thought about Saurbraten and concidering I can hardly get the kids to eat normal food I am thinking this is definitly out!  I thought about Brautweirst but the thought of all those nitrites, well that's out too!  So, after chatting with my great aunt Mesi this evening, we concluded that homemade potato pancakes with applesauce was the way to go.  I can remember my grandma making these for me as a child.  Hopefully my little ones will like them too!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...