I can remember back in the day, (ok waaay back in the day) watching Double Dare on Nickelodeon. I always wanted to go on the show just so I could get slimed!
Much to my delight, I have recently learned that you can make your own slime right in your kitchen. It is actually a pretty simple recipe.
- Elmer's School Glue
- Food Coloring (may I suggest green!)
- Starting with a 1/2 cup of water in a bowl, add your entire bottle of glue.
- Add your food coloring and mix well.
- Heat 1 cup of water and then add slowly add the Borax, 1 tsp at a time until it will no longer dissolve. About 4 tsp.
- Pour your Borax mixture into the glue mixture and stir well.
- After mixing, it will start clumping up.
- Drain off any excess water by squishing it around in your hands for a few minutes until it is no longer sticky.
- Squish it, mush it, roll it! Have a blast with it!
New Nostalgia has a slime recipe that produce really pretty colors, it uses Kool Aid.