Monday, February 11, 2013

Menu Plan 2/11/13 {w/ Recipe Links}


Here is what we are cooking at the LSG house this week:

Breakfast
  • Yogurt & Fruit - I am making my own yogurt now and LOVING IT!
  • Cereal (granola), Banana
  • Eggs, Toast & Fruit
  • Waffles, Oranges
  • Oatmeal
  • Egg Wraps
  • Pancakes, Bacon & Fruit

Lunches
  • Turkey & Cheese Wraps, Carrots & Apples
  • PB&J's, Chips and Pears
  • Hot Dogs, Tots & Melon
  • Mac & Cheese
  • Cheese Quesidillas, Celery Sticks
  • Hot Ham & Cheese, Carrots, Fruit
  • Left over soup!

Dinners
  • Taco Soup
  • Homemade Hamburger Helper
  • Quiche - I am goign to make two of them.  One will be this Country Quiche, which I make a few weeks ago and everyone loved it.  The Hubs is a huge fan of spinach, it is actually his favorite veggie, so I am going to try a Crustless Spinach Quiche
  • BBQ Pork, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
  • Breakfast Night - Eggs, Bacon & Pancakes
  • BLT's w/ Tomato Soup
  • Cowboy BBQ Bake


I generally try to come up with my menu for the week on Thursday evenings, and then grocery shop on Friday morning.  My menus tend to run from Friday to Thrusday, so by the time this gets posted I have already made several of my meals.

I wanted to share something that I have been doing for the past several weeks that has really been a blessing.  On Saturday when I am making Saturdays dinner I go ahead and cook for Sunday as well.  I cook all the meat at the same time, assemble both dinners at the same time AND clean up ONCE!  Sunday dinners are usually a big pot of soup, spaghetti, chili or stew.  Not only is it nice to not cook AT ALL on Sunday, but it is delightful to come home to a crockpot of hot soup.  We eat it for lunch and then when the people get hungry in the evening I send them to the crockpot for seconds and maybe a PB&J. 

This is a little different for me.  I grew up with my mom and grandma always cooking on Sundays.  Just about every Sunday we would have a big dinner together.  While there are times that I really miss that, I have also come to love to rest and relax with my family on Sunday while not having to cook in the middle of it. 

With all of that said, I am totally on board for cooking once and eating twice!  I think I am even going to start incorporating that into my weekly cooking. 

What are you cooking this week? 







2 comments:

Beeker said...

I am a big fan of not cooking on Sunday...my mom didn't cook on Sundays cause she was in choir for 3 services on Sunday mornings...so it was always fend for ourselves and that is what I prefer. Thankfully, my hubby is pretty awesome and is fine with that.

Smoked Recipes said...

Very niice blog you have here

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...