Monday, September 24, 2012

Menu Plan Monday 9/24/12


I just can't seem to be faithful with my menu posts.  Between real life, homeschooling and everything else, my blog has been suffering a bit.  I am going to try to get back on track with my blog, starting now.  So here goes...

I have still been menu planning, mainly because it keeps me sane and the people fed.  Last month I actually planned out a whole month of dinner ideas.  I think I like doing my planning this way best, it means that I only have to rack my brain once a month verses 4 or 5 times. 

I just jotted down 5 weeks worth of dinner ideas and each week I have been pulling from that list, checking them off as I go.  In addition to the monthly list, each week I write up a quick weekly menu and fill out my grocery list.  I then hang weekly menu plan on the refrigerator so I that I can refer to it through out the week. 

Our breakfast and lunches pretty much stay the same every week.  I guess we are pretty boring that way.

Breakfasts
Cereal
Waffles
Baked Oatmeal
Bagels
Yogurt & Cereal Bar
French Toast

All breakfast meals have a fruit of some sort to go along with them.

Lunches
Hot Ham & Cheese
Mac & Cheese
PB&J's
Chicken Nuggets & Fries
Cheese Quesadillas w/ Salsa & Sour Cream
Dogs & Tots
Egg Salad, Tuna Salad or Chicken Salad

I know, not very fancy at all.  We also have a fruit and/or a veggie with lunch and sometimes the occasional potato chip. 

Dinners
Crock Pot Sloppy Joes, Mixed Veggies
BLT's, Carrot Sticks, Cantaloupe
Oven Fried Parmesan Chicken, Brown Rice and Broccoli
Homemade Pizza (we usually have this once a week)
Italian Sausage with Bowties (this is so yummy!)
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, Potato Salad, Fruit and Chips

As you can see the theme for this week is easy! 

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...