Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crock Pot Sloppy Joes

I have told you all before how my wonderful husband loves Hamburger Helper, Beefaroni and Manwiches, right?  Prior to this recipe the only sloppy joe that he liked and would eat came from a can (yuk!). 

Once I had made these sloppy joes I was told to look no further, this sloppy joe was a keeper!  The recipe is called Nan's Sloppy Joes and is in the Fix It and Forget It Crock Pot Cookbook.  It is located on page 132 to be exact, yes I have the page number forever etched in my memory. 

1lb of Ground Beef (I have also used Ground Turkey)
1 onion, chopped
3/4 cup of Ketchup
1 Tbsp. chili sauce (this is not something I usually buy, so I replace it with Trader Joe's BBQ sauce)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp. prepared mustard (you know the kind you put on hot dogs)
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 Tbsp. sugar (I have used honey and i have just totally omitted this, both have been fine)


1. Brown your meat and onion in saucepan.
2. Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker (medium size works best, IMO)
3. Cover. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours.
4. Serve on buns.

Great for quick dinners and for kids birthday parties.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Champion Builders said...

Thanks. I'm going to modify a bit due to allergies, but I'm adding this to soccer night next week :)

Julie Coney said...

I have that cookbook!... I love that cookbook! I will go and mark that recipie as a keeper!

Thanks!

Joyce said...

I wish my hubby liked sloppy joes....this sounds great!

Hey...I just gave you the "I Do....Love your Blog Award" Go check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...