Saturday, September 1, 2012

Favorite Books for the Littles





I have a great love for reading and would love to pass that love on to my children. 

I like to have a variety of books for the kids to read so I am always adding to our home library or bringing home bags full of books from the library to read.  Kidding, the other day I asked one of the librians that usually check me out if anyone else checks out as many books as us.  His answer, not many.  This is good, right?

I remember when the Lil' Chef was just a wee little thing we would sit with stacks and stacks of books to read.  As more chidlren have come, the reading has continued.  As time has gone on and we have continued reading we have definiely come to have some favorites. 

Even though my little guys listen to what we are reading for history I still try to make sure that we we something that is to their liking as well.

These are our favorites for little guys:

Any of the board books from Sandra Boynton - Some of our favorites are..
The Going-To-Bed Book
Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board)
Hey! Wake Up!

Anything from Eric Carle

The Berenstain Bears series by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Dr Suess books - I love Dr. Suess!!

Nature books by Jim Arnosky -  We just read these the other day before we went to the Natural History Museum.  Both my boys were pointing things out from the books...
Gobble It Up! A Fun Song About Eating!
Babies in the Bayou
Turtle in the Sea

Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann

Goodnight Moon and Big Red Barn Big Book - by Margaret Wise Brown

Curious George is a favorite

I also like to read the books from the Five in a Row series like Make Way for Ducklings, Mike Mulligan and More: Four Classic Stories by Virginia Lee Burton, and How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World

We all love the I Spy books and the Look a Like books...Look-Alikes: The More You Look, the More You See!

Last but definitely not least, we read the Bible.  While I do sometimes read Bible stories, I still have my little guys listening while we read Bible.  Romans 10:17 says So then, faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

What are your favorite books for your littles?

1 comments:

Beeker said...

These are a lot of our favorites as well..Kevin can almost do Big Red Barn by memory cause we have read it so much...and I do love Barnyard Dance...that's a really fun one to read! Of course, we love Curious George...even Abigail! She loves George : ) Miss you all!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...