Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Our Book Basket.... Nursery Rhythms






Tuesdays seems to be the day that I drop by one of my favorite places in the whole wide world, the library.  Have I mentioned my love of the library before?



I have never seen anyone walk out of there with as many books as me.  And I tend to look really silly when I have forgotten my Whole Foods bag to carry them all in.  Trust me, even the librarians giggle - I just smile and give the "we homeschool" excuse. {smile}

I thought I'd share some of the books that the kids and I are reading this week. 



Last night was the kick off to our county library's Summer reading Program and our branch kicked off with a play.  The play was put on by the librarians {who did a fabulous job BTW}, who each dressed as a fairy tale character and came into a salon for a makeover for some reason or another.  The play was really cute and funny.  It inspired us to go upstairs and pick out some nursery rhythms to read at home.  Here is what we ended up with:
The Tortoise and the Hare by Janet Stevens

Old Mother Hubbard by Jane Cabrera

Little Red Riding Hood by Josephine Evetts-Secker

Dusty Locks and the Three Bears by Susan Lowell - there was not a Goldilocks and the Three Bears anywhere to be found so we thought we'd try something new

The Little Red Hen by Paul Galdone
The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse by Jan Brett

Big Fat Hen by Keith Baker

Little Robin Red Breast by Shari Halpern

Randolph Caldecott's Picture Books


The girls are going to start reading Meet Kaya from the American Girl Book series.  We are going to be starting an AG Summer Book Club in few weeks, I'll keep ya'll posted as we move along with that .

I just finished reading about George Mueller and have now moved on to A Step Further by Joni Eareckson Tada and Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell {almost done this one}.

As I am typing, Computer Girl and I are giggling our way through Oh Say Can You Say by Dr Suess, which is quite the tongue twister!


Read any good books lately?




0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...