I was thrilled to be able to watch the Art of Sewing because my sewing skills are pretty minimal, at best. The West Ladies really do have a gift of making you feel that you REALLY can do what they are doing, and do it well. When I watch their videos I feel very encouraged and they don't make me feel like I have to be a perfectionist to make something beautiful.
The Art of Sewing Video had several sewing lessons that teach you basting, cutting, straight stitch. The projects in the video included a doll quilt, pillow cases, layered skirt and a RAG QUILT! I have been wanting to make a quilt but never felt qualified to be a quilt maker, you know what I'm sayin'! BUT the west Ladies explained that a RAG Quilt is a little more forgiving, i.e. It doesn't have to be perfect! That sounds right up my alley.
So, I have decided to make a rag quilt for Lil' Bits for his birthday (I have until July), but I am going to wait until we finish up school for the year to start my quilt project. I have lots of fun kids flannel prints that would make a really cute quilt for a little boy. Plus, I have made all the other kids a blanket, you know those no sew fleece blankets and I don't want him to feel left out : )
The Homestead Blessings Videos would make a wonderful Home Education Series to do at home with the kids. The West Ladies have a wide variety of life skills that they teach, the videos in the series are:
- The Art of Quilting
- The Art of Sewing
- The Art of Dairy Delights
- The Art of Canning
- The Art of Gardening
- The Art of Herbs
- The Art of Cooking
- The Art of Soap Making
- The Art of Candle Making
- The Art of Bread Making
- The Art of Crafting
You can purchase your own copy of Homestead Blessings: The Art of Sewing or any of the other Homestead Blessings videos directly from Franklin Springs Media. While your there be sure to check out all the other AWESOME Family Friendly videos that they offer.
If you would like to WIN your very own copy of The Art of Sewing, here is your chance! I have 3, yes THREE to GIVEAWAY! Here is how you can enter to win Homestead Blessings, The Art of Sewing:
- You must be a Follower or Subscriber of LSG to Win! Please leave me a comment and let me know how you follow.
- If you have just become a new Follower or Subscriber please tell me how you heard about this giveaway.
- Spread the Word! If you have a blog and post about this contest please come back and leave me a link to your post.
- Please visit the Franklin Springs website, let me know which other Homestead Blessings videos you would be interested in.
- Facebook or Twitter about this giveaway and leave me a comment to let me know about it.
- Like Franklin Springs Family Media on Facebook.
- Like Homestead Blessings on Facebook.
The GIVEAWAY will END on March 23th. Thanks for entering!
Please note that the Art of Sewing was given to us free of charge for review purposes. The opinions expressed here are my own and i was not swayed buy the free product.