Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cookie Swap Idea


I just wanted to share an idea with you all of something that I doing with my girls this year.  I decided to throw a Cookie Swap, but not just any old cookie swap, we are doing a Mother-Daughter Cookie Swap. 
I have been to a few cookie swaps but have never held one myself.  I have wanted to do one for quite a while but never had, until now.  I just really thought it would be lots of fun to include my girls.  They can help me bake the cookies and have their friends at the swap too! 
I decided to do it on the second Saturday in December, you know, it's about the time everyone starts getting crazy about the all the shopping they need to do.  We are doing it at 10:30 in the morning and we are having a brunch.  I am going to be making a Baked French Toast, Breakfast Casserole and Cinnamon-Apple Brunch Bake (recipe coming soon).  I have asked everyone to please bring something to add to the table.  I will also provide drinks. 
Everyone has until December 1st to RSVP and once I have a totally head count I will let everyone know how many cookies to bring.  Depending on how many people are going to come we will make 6-12 cookies per family.
The other day I remembered that I had previously ordered snowman paper products to use for a holiday party that didn't happen.  So guess what, I believe I already all the plates, napkins and cups that I am going need for the party.  I am going to try to remember to order them again at the end of the season for next year.  I think I had ordered them from Oriental Trading for a super good price. 
I am really excited and hope that all goes well.  Lord willing, I would like to make this a yearly tradition.  I will of course post pictures and let you all know how it goes!

Do you all have anything special planned this holiday season?

2 comments:

wdworkman said...

Great idea!
Janet W

Joyce said...

Sounds fun! Wish we were closer!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...