Friday, August 27, 2010

What We've Been Up To

This was our first week back.  To be honest on day I started to get a little fussy because the kids weren't falling into line as I thought they should. THEN, the Lord really checked me.  I was reminded that we had been off school for several months and that I really needed to relax my standards.  I realized that I needed to just enjoy our schooling together.  Once I had the right mind set, it was like heavenly angels lifting a huge weight off my shoulders.  After that the week (we only school M-Th) went quite well. 

This year I decided to take everyone outside for "school pictures," I really wish I had been doing this all along but never thought too! 

The Lil' Chef now in 5th Grade.  WOW!  Where does time go!


My 2nd Grader, Computer Girl.

Alpha Boy our little Pre K'er.  Excuse the poison ivy.


Little Bits is only 2 and not schooling yet but he is still right in the middle of everything.  And besides I just love his picture face!


The Whole Class

We did our first week of MFW- Creation to Greeks.  We studied creation in Genesis Ch. 1, dinosaurs in Dinosaurs of Eden and we are planning on having a Sabbath Dinner this evening.

While I was reading the creation account in Genesis and about the dinosaurs living with Adam and Eve, the kids made a model of what I was reading.....

See, the dinosaurs (or dragons as they used to call them) really did live with people.

Not sure if the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was really made from Mega Blocks or not.  But this is LSG's version of the Garden of Eden.

The kids also used our Usborne Dinosaur Stencil Book  to make dinosaur pictures for their history notebooks.

We made homemade butter and buttermilk.  More on this next next week, it will be exciting I promise!

My very 1st attempt at making yogurt.  At first I didn't think it had set up right, but after it was in the fridge a few hours it was great.  I added it to some fruit smoothies today, Yum-Me!!! 

We also had a hamster funeral : (  When we had came home from camping the rebel hamster that had was sick.  We had someone staying at the house watching the critters when we were gone, so I am not real sure what happened.  I tried to help her to get better and was going to take her to the vet but she died the evening before our appointment.   She is now buried outback by the cat. 


Today (Friday) we just kinda chilled and had a movie day.  I had picked up some more movies (all on sale and I had a coupon) from the Christian Bookstore for us to watch.  We watched Soldier Love Story, Mandie and the Secret Tunnel and Hachi.   They were all really great, I cried at the end of Hachi. 

That is about it.   How did your week go?

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I think I have taken pictures every year since we started....only I think a few years it was the whole class and not individual.

I LOVE the dinosaur set-up! So creative!
You guys have been busy! So inspiring!

Katie said...

Sounds like you had a great first week! Love the homemade yogurt . . . could you please post how to make it?

Jen U. said...

I too had never taken pictures of the kids at the start of the school year until this year and I too wish I had been doing it all along. Your family is beautiful!
~Jen Unsell
www.theunsells.blogspot.com

Brandi said...

Thanks for the sweet comments!

Katie - I am going to post something extra exciting about the butter and the yogurt, next week. thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...