Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Ok, I am going to just admit here and now I have TOTALLY been slacking in the menu department.  I used to take a stack of my cookbooks, sit, relax and ponder over what to make for the next week or two.  Now it's like menu plan and grocery list done in 5 minutes flat!  To be honest I don't think anyone over here really cares, LOL!  My husband could seriously care less if I ever tried a new recipe, he is content with standard meat and potato fare or plain old junk food.  He could exist on Hamburger Helper, Beef Ravioli (from a can of course), Hot Pockets and those microwaveable Pizzas that you can usually get 10 for $10, if I let him. LOL!

Not real sure what my problem has been.  I think I have just been a little lazy lately (wow, did I really just admit that).  Haven't really felt like cooking much, usually I really enjoy it.  I guess it is just one of those slumps, maybe it is just the warmer weather?? 

Maybe firing up the grill would be a good idea for next week.  Anyone have any good grilling  or new
spring-y recipes?

Here is my slacker style menu for the week...

Monday:
Grilled Chicken Salads

Tuesday:
Breakfast Night - Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon and Cantaloupe

Wednesday:
Hoagie Night w/ Salt & Pepper Chips, Raw Baby Carrots and Fruit Salad

Thursday:
Pasta salad w/ Chicken

Friday:
Mushroom, Cheddar Buffalo Burgers (from Joe's) & Dogs w/ Corn & Strawberries

Saturday:
BBQ Chicken Legs w/ Mashed Sweet Potatoes & Carrot (yes together and yes the kids ate it!) and Mixed Veggies

Sunday:
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup w/ Green Veggie

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...