Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Beautiful Day at the Zoo

Last Thursday we packed up 3 Moms AND 17 KIDS and went to the Zoo!  We had a great time - things were a little hectic at times (I did tell you we had 17 kids with us right???)  and I still can't fully feel my legs but besides that it was lots of fun!

We went to the National Zoo in Washington, DC.  We saw all kinds of critters, I was bummed that I didn't get to see my favorite animal, the Sloth, but the Puking Monkey (I will be kind and spare you the details!)totally made up for it!  We saw the king of the jungle, a zebra's behind, 3 elephants and a baby octopus!

Two things that enhanced our trip a bit was that we had our handy dandy Zoo Guide from AIG with us and we did some really cool Zoo Scavenger Hunts!

A few pics from our day....


These were taken on the way to the Zoo, about 10 minutes after my younger daughter got sick in the car.  Always a great way to start a field trip.  Praise God for peppermint oils!


My kids trying to wake the tiger.  He was one lazy tiger!  He lifted his head long enough for me to take a picture, then decided he'd had enough and went back to sleep.



The king of the jungle, wouldn't want a close encounter with this guy, he was huge!


We really enjoyed the reptile house.  Little Boy Blue wanted to hit the little turtle and ride the big one!



Some of the kids learning about frogs.
I didn't get a picture of everyone, there are 8 kids missing.



The kids all worn out!
This is my lovely friend, who almost deserves a post all her own, LOL!  I evidentially
 wasn't enough fun for her so she decided to entertain herself by taking pictures of herself on the way home.  I decided to post the least goofy pic of the bunch!  Everyone needs a friend like this! 

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...