Last week when I gave you all that Easy Cheesy Kielbasa and Beans recipe, I mentioned that we had another new family favorite. Here it is.... Honey Mustard and Bacon Smothered Chicken! Doesn't the name of the recipe alone just make your mouth start to water?!!!
When I saw this recipe it reminded me of my favorite Outback dish, Alice Springs Chicken. This recipe doesn't call for mushrooms (like the one at Outback), but adding them makes this dish really close to the $15 entree that they sell.
This recipe is very simple and quick. Once you try it you will agree that it is definitely a keeper!
- 4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey-mustard dressing (I used the Hot & Sweet Mustard from Trader Joe's mixed with a little bit of honey)
- 8 fully cooked bacon slices
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- sauteed mushrooms (optional)
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 8 minutes on each side or until done. Reduce heat to medium-low; brush chicken with honey-mustard dressing. If you are adding the sauteed mushrooms, add them on top of each chicken breast. Top each chicken breast with 2 bacon slices, and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Great served over brown rice with asparagus or green beans as a side. ENJOY!