Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Fresh Start in the New Year

As the new year starts I have several things on my heart that I want to focus more on. Here they are, not in any particular order

1) This is one is actually the most important thing so I will list it first. I want to purpose to be in the Word every single day this year. No matter what is going on or how I am feeling or how busy I am. Even if it is just a chapter or just a few verses. Lately, being busy has caused me to neglect to be faithful in the Word. I am choosing to be more of a Mary and less of a Martha this year (Luke 38-42).

2) I am also going to purpose to eat better. I used to eat much healthier then I do now and I had dropped a good bit of weight when I did. Once I got pregnant with number 4 I fell off the wagon into the dark abyss of junk food. I have some health issues and really know better than to be eating just whatever. I have been given the knowledge of what I should and should not be eating, I have just not been following it. So, I am adding juicing and salads back into my world.

3) Remember that part time job I had mentioned. Well, I decided it was not in my best interest to continue with it. This evening was actully my last shift. While the income was a blessing, the bigger goal for me is to get my child care license in place. I have learned over the last few months that Wonder Mom, I am not! There is a limit to what I can accomplish and retain my sanity, I had hit that limit. So for now, the goal is homeschool and getting the childcare going. I have completed 2 of the 4 classes I need so far. Plus I have several inspections to get through. It's a process, but my goal is to really focus on getting it going, hopefully by spring.

4) I also have been praying about my blog. I do love to blog. Doing reviews has been a lot of fun for us. I am hoping to get some things going soon, in addition to continuing with the TOS Crew. I would like to expand my blog beyond reviews. Still praying on this one.

5) A better routine. We do so much better when there is a set routine instead of just loose goosey. I know some mom's are great at "flying by the seat of their pants". I am not one of them. My kids and I do much better when there is an expected flow for the day. We don't run by a super strict 8:30 we do this and 9:00 we do that, but having structure is extremely helpful for us.
I came up with a new routine for our school days. We hae been uing it almost a week now, and so far so good, although it may need a little tweaking as we go on.

The new year is a wonderful time to start fresh. How about you, do you have any new plans or goals this year?

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...