Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fun & Frugal Summer Activites for Kids



If your little peeps are anything like mine, they can tend to get a little boooored when most of the school books have been put down. This year I am being proactive, in other words I a gotta plan!

I am scoping out some fun summer activities {hopefully the kind that lasts for more than 10 minutes} for them to do. 

Here are my requirements:
1) frugal
2) simple
3) fun!

Here's 10 great ideas that I found.....


I am soooo doing this one! Just the other day my kids went through 4 bottles of bubbles in about 5 minutes flat. These recipes look super easy, easy enough for the kids to even mix up on their own.



Sidewalk paint sounds like a winner! My kids ALWAYS want to paint - what better way to fill that desire than outside on the patio or sidewalk!!

My kids love to play with pool noodles, and I don't even mean in the pool. They have used them for jousting when we studied knight and they can frequently be seen playing with them on our trampoline. I think this would be a huge hit!


These little babies look like they would kids the kids off the couch! Sponge Bombs would be great to add into backyard water play. Simple, cheap and fun, fun, fun!



I am not normally a fan of my husband's soda habit but this week... drink up honey! These are soda bottle bowling pins are awesome and I am definitely making them! The kids have already seen them and approve : )


A great way to get out and about would be a Nature Scavenger Hunt! I plan to take the kids to a local park to do this.


I think that a Backyard Twister Game would win me a Best Mom of the Year Award for sure!
 


For the Angry Bird fans.... Angry Bird Water Balloon Game. This looks so fun that I believe I will be playing this one too!
 


My boys will LOVE this! All you do is grab some masking tape and your imagination and get to it! I am saving this one for a rainy day.



I found several backyard water play ideas on Family Fun Magazine's website.






8 comments:

Mari said...

oh wow i very much need that bubbles recipe! and that paint one too lol.

Brandi said...

LOL! I know, I needed them too :>

Jess said...

Thanks for your ideas. Love the sidewalk paint idea. Mari, here's a link to make your own. Can't wait to do this with our kiddos too!
http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/crafts-by-type/art-projects/painting-projects/super-sidewalk-paint-673728/?CMP=OTC-FFun-Craft-App

Brandi said...

Jess - Thanks! I am hoping to try some of these this week, especially the side walk paint.

Mari - I have links with each picture to show the recipes and how to make each thing. Not sure if you knew that or not : )

Anonymous said...

These look like so much fun! One thing I'm going to do with my son this summer is geocaching. It's a treasure hunt with a GPS or smart phone.

Anonymous said...

The paint one is amazing !! I think I had more fun than my daughter and it lasted for a couple days

Brandi said...

So glad to hear that you liked them!

Anonymous said...

These are great! Im thinking.....pool noodles and water ballons for a wet baseball game! Love the scavenger hunt bags!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...