Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best of the Best - Easy Lunch Ideas

Lunch is usually the same old thing over in these parts.  We have a few things that we rotate.  Here's our usual lunch fare:

PB&J's or PB&H's (PB & Honey)
Grapes, Crackers and Cheese
Grilled Cheese
Cheese Quesadillas with Salsa & Sour Cream
Mac & Cheese
Hot Dogs & Tater Tots
Homemade Pizza
Ham & Cheese with Crackers
Hot Hot and Cheese
Leftovers

Boring, right?  I am just not a big deal maker out of lunch time or breakfast for that matter.  In saying that, I think we could definitely use a few new lunch ideas, as long as they are simple.  Here are some new ideas that we are going to incorporate into our menu plan....


To say that my kids would eat these would really just be a joke.  I have made the Salad in a Jar salads and they are awesome!  One of the things that prevents me from eating salad sometimes is laziness.  Wow, did I actually say that out loud?!  I just need to remember to make these, they are well worth the few minutes it takes to whip these up.



Have you heard of Muffin Tin Monday?  We did this off and on until my kids started using their muffin tins out back to make mud muffins.  I have been keeping my eye out for new ones at the dollar store so that we can start doing this again.  My kids really did enjoy this, even the older ones. You can find some great Muffin Tin Lunch ideas over at Muffin Tin Mom or Cookie Cutter Lunch.



If your kids love PB like my kids do then this will probably be a winner.  Sliced and Cored Apples, PB, Granola and Chocolate Chips if you dare!


How cool is Peanut Butter & Jelly Sushi!  I think I am going to order extra chopsticks next time we order Chinese food.
I think you could get very creative with this idea.


Sandwich Kabobs would be a neat treat.



 Did I mention that my kids LOVE Peanut Butter and Jelly?  Pretty funny considering I can't stand the smell of PB, eeewwww!  I will definitely be adding this into the lunch rotation.


Wraps or for even more fun make Pinwheels.


Can't go wrong with a simple fruit tray for lunch.  You could even add some crackers and cheese to make it more complete.


Yogurt Parfaits would make a yummy lunch. I know my kids would even love to make these themselves.


Mini Deep Dish Pizzas, made from tortillas!  Oh yeah, I am soo making these!


Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas, these look yummy!


What are you making for lunch?

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow! Those are some really great ideas! I have to admit that we usually just eat sandwiches or whatever we can scrounge up at lunch. We don't really have any kind of plan for lunch most days. I'm inspired! :)

Brandi said...

Glad you liked my findings! I was pretty inspired by my findings too since were are pretty boring over here about lunch.
Let me know if you try anything : )

Lisa said...

Great ideas for lunch! My kids would love Muffin Tin Monday! I'm so going to do that!

Brandi said...

The muffin tin lunches are really fun! The Muffin Tin Mom has oodles of neat ideas. Many are theme/ holiday related. Have fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...