Another thing that has been extremely helpful lately is crockpot meals on Sundays! It is SO lovely to come home to dinner right after church. It makes for a much more relaxing day. We eat dinner early and then later in the evening people can either have seconds or a sandwich. I am really not sure why I haven't always done this!
So here is my list of Menu Ideas just as it is posted on my refrigerator...
- Baked Oatmeal - this is a staple here nowadays!
- Cereal - Yes, I am a cereal mom : ) I do get the "good" cereal like Raisin Bran and Honey Nut Joe O's and then I don't feel as bad.
- Waffles w/ Fruit
- Pancakes w/ Fruit
- Cream of Wheat - I hook it up with bananas, cinnamon and honey
- Apple Muffins - the Lil' Chef Makes these and they are yum-mee!
- Chili Dogs - from left over Chili the night before
- Mini Tacos - I try not to buy a lot of convenience foods but these Little Mini Tacos from Trader Joe's are a WOW!
- Homemade Pizza
- Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
- Mac & Cheese w/ Apple Slices and Grapes
- PB & Honeys w/ Carrot Sticks and Orange Slices
- Tuna Melts on Pita Crackers
- Chicken Spaghetti - This is a good throw it in the crockpot meal. I throw in boneless, skinless chicken thighs and a jar of spaghetti sauce. I cook on high for 4 hours, then when I come home from church I just boil some noodles, mix, and top with mozzarella cheese. I pair it with a salad and eat!
- Chili w/ Rice
- Sloppy Jane's (crockpot), Broccoli, Homemade Potato Wedges
- Meatball Subs - make the meatballs the night before and then throw in the crockpot with a jar of sauce.
- Homemade Potato Soup w/ Homemade Bread
- Yogurt Tubes
- Cheese Sticks
- Apples & Honey Spread
- Celery & PB
- Pretzels & PB
- Air Popped Popcorn w/ Olive Oil
- Playgroup Granola Bars - This is a must try! My little peeps LOVE these!