MathTacluar is a multi-level math curriculum. Although, I hesitate to use the word curriculum because that word sounds boring and MathTacular is so NOT boring. MathTacular is a series of DVD lessons that are based on real life math that use lots of different manipulative's. The math lessons in the DVD's are lots of fun and easy to understand. Justin, the math master mind of the DVD series, catches the children's attention and knows how to keep it.
There are 4 DVD"s in the MathTacular Series, lots of math manipulative's as well as several packages that are available. We reviewed the MathTacular Educational Kit which included the following:
- MathTacular Kit DVD (67 of the 88 activities in MathTacular)
- Bear Counters
- Color Tiles
- Red & White Counter
- Base Ten Blocks
- Pattern Blocks
- 12" Wooden Ruler
- Number Flash Cards
- Number Chart
- Gram Centimeter Cubes
- Geo Board with Bands (my kids especially love this!)
- Popsicle Sticks & Pinto Beans (for place value practice)
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Math Manipulative's Guide
We have really enjoyed watching Justin and friends teach us about ordinal numbers while running laps around a track. As well as learning the difference between odd and even numbers while watching Justin make peanut butter and cracker sandwiches. There is alot to learn on the MathTacular DVD that is included in the Educational Kit, from number basics to comparison, to practical math. There are 67 lessons in all.
The MathTacular Educational Kit that we reviewed is geared toward children ages 4-7 and costs $49.99.
The wonderful folks at MathTacular have offered to giveaway a DVD to one of my readers! The winner will get to choose between 4 MathTacular DVD's.
Please leave a SEPARATE COMMENT for each entry and PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! The giveaway is going to run until Friday, October 7, 2011. Here is how you can enter to win a MathTacular DVD of Your Choice:
- You must be a Follower of LSG to Win! Please leave me a comment and let me that you follow.
- If you have just become a new Follower, please tell me how you heard about this giveaway
- SPREAD THE WORD! If you blog about this contest please come back and leave me a link to you post.
- Please visit the MathTacular website, let me know which MathTacular product most appeals to you.
- Facebook or Twitter about this giveaway and leave me a comment to let me know about it.
- Like MathTacular on Facebook.
Thanks for Entering!