Monday, April 18, 2011

Menu Plan 4/18/11

This week we are taking our spring break, I think.  We were off today but if the weather doesn't get any better we may just school and do break next week. 

I am taking it easy with the cooking this week.  My sister's crew is coming for Resurrection Day dinner and we vowed to keep it super simple this year.  I will include that menu as well.

Monday
Beef Stroganoff and Steamed Carrots

Tuesday
Breakfast Night - Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuits and Orange Slices

Wednesday
Honey Mustard Chicken, Brown Rice and Broccoli

Thursday
Grilled Cheese Sammies and Tomato Soup

Friday
Pizza!!  - We did not end up doing Pizza last week, so I didn''t get to make my own dough like I said I would.  This week I am doin' it, for real this time ; )

Saturday
Salsa Chicken, Beans & Rice and Corn

Sunday
Ham w/ Raisin Gravy, Potato Salad, Angel Eggs, Green Beans,and Baked Beans.  Also, I am not sure which one of these corn dishes I am making Corn Pudding or the Slow Cooker Creamed Corn.  I have made them both and they are both oh so yum-mmee!  (Hey Sis, if you are reading this,  I did add the Corn Pudding and Eggs : )

If you have never had Raisin Gravy, let me just say... YOU MUST!!  My Grandma used to make it every Resurrection Day.  It is a little family tradition that is definitely worth the effort.

For dessert my sister is making Oreo Truffle Balls, which are sooo very yummy!  I have been promising The Hubs that I would make him a Peanut Butter Pie, so I am finally coming through on that one this weekend.

Do you guys have any special dishes that you make for Resurrection Day?

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...