Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Got a few new cookbooks so that means a few new recipes.  Yippee!  I usually buy my cookbooks used from Amazon, cause I am cheap like that : )  In case you were wondering which cookbooks I got, they are:

Weight Watchers All Time Favorites - I have sooo- many pages dog eared in this book!  If you want a new cookbook BUY this ONE!

Weight Watchers' Simply the Best : 250 Prizewinning Family Recipes

Simply Delicious (Weight Watchers)

Now Eat This  - This one is by Rocco Dispirito.  He takes comfort foods and makes them low calorie.  Like for instance he takes a Mac & Cheese dish that was 32 grams of fat/670 calories and knocks it down to 6.5grams of fat/227 calories per serving.  I haven't made anything yet but this looks like a good one too!  The only thing I was not impressed with was, that in some of the desserts he uses Splenda, which I am not a big fan of. 

Can you tell a theme here?  I am trying to cook on the lighter side but whatever I cook, it can't appear too healthy, or The Hubs won't eat it.  So I thought I would go for a few lower calorie recipes.
Ok, on to the menu...

Monday
Meatless Monday - Italian Bean Soup (Weight Watchers All Time Favorites)

Tuesday
Stuffed Greeen Peppers, Mashed Potatoes and Corn (the Peppers and Potatoes will be cooking side by side in their own little crock pots.  Have I told you how much I love crock pots!!)  If you have never made potatoes in your crocky pot, you must!  All you have to do it throw your taters in the pot, add about a 1/4 of water and sprinkle with sea salt.  I do not peel my taters because I am lazy and the skins are good for ya, as long as they are organic.  Once there cooked you can eat them as they are, add toppings or mash'em up.

Wednesday
Baked Chicken w/ Rosemary w/ Mixed Veggies and Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Thursday
Meatloaf w/ Potatoes and Green Beans - This is something a friend shared with me. You make up your meatloaf, put it in a 9x13, add potatoes around the sides and then pour Tomato Soup over top and cook.

I think I am going to try it in the crock pot.

Friday
Hunan Chicken Stir Fry (Weight Watchers All Time Favorites) served over Brown Rice

Saturday
Pizza Night

Sunday
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup - I do not actually grill my Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.  Remember Grilled Cheese Sandwiches back in school, they bread wasn't soggy, it was nice and crispy.  Well that is how I like my grilled (baked) cheese sandwiches so I just pop them in the oven and bake them up.  I don't even add butter.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...