Monday, May 3, 2010

The Scripture Sleuth

Just wanted to share with you all some of my 9 years old's favorite books.  They are a mystery series called Concord Cunningham The Scripture Sleuth, by Mat Halverson.  I had ordered books 1 & 2 for her at the beginning of the school year, for independent reading time.  She loved them so much that we got her books 3,4 & 5 for the holiday. 


Concord Cunningham the Scripture Sleuth (Concord Cunningham Mysteries)Concord Cunningham Returns: The Scripture Sleuth 2 (Concord Cunningham Mysteries)Concord Cunningham on the Case: The Scripture Sleuth 3 (Concord Cunningham Mysteries)


Concord is a young man about 8 or 9 years old who loves to solve mysteries.  Each chapter in the books is a different mystery  What is really cool about these books is that at the end mystery, YOU have to look up a scripture verse to solve it.  The answers are in the back of the book.

These books are written for children ages 9-12.  They are great for independent reading or for a read aloud.  There are currently 5 books in the series, and the cheapest I have found them is on Rainbow Resources.  I hope you all check them out and enjoy them as much as we have.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

How I wish I had seen your review BEFORE I went to the homeschool conference this weekend. The author was there and these books sounded great, but I just wasn't sure if my son would actually read them.

They are cheaper for the whole set here:

http://www.scripturesleuth.com/purchaseinfo.html

and they're autographed. Just FYI.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...