Friday, May 21, 2010

Pasta a la Whatevers in the Fridge

Bottom line is I needed to feed my crew tonight and I really had no plan.  We were supposed to order pizza tonight, but we did that last night.  The hubs was going to make waffles - yuk! 

I grabbed a few handfuls of the veggies in my fridge and this is what I came up with...

asparagus
squash
zucchini
onion (half of one to be exact)
a pack of mushrooms



I put them on by bar pan and coated them with olive oil.  A few shakes of salt, pepper and oregano.  In the oven until they were cooked but not over done.  Maybe 20-25 minutes.  Then I added a large can of diced tomatoes with the juice to the other veggies.  I chopped up some Sweet Italian Chicken Sausages and threw them in.  Last but not least, I added about a 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese



To be honest my crew is very picky!  When one of my girls, I am not going to name names, saw the food she said "What smells so gross?!"  My response with a nice smile was "Oh darling, that is your dinner."



I really couldn't believe it but EVERYONE LOVED IT!  My sweet, wonderful, darling nephew said "Aunt Brandi, what is this?  It is really good!"  I am thinking, Thank You Lord!.  I think after that is when my kids chimed in with yeah mom, it is really good. 

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...