Friday, April 2, 2010

4 Years Ago Today....

My mom, Mama Nellie as I used to call her, went home to be with the Lord.  Sometimes I start to say that I lost my mom, but actually I know right where she is.  She, by God's grace and mercy is seated in heavenly places.  My mom was called home by way of lung cancer, and very quickly I might add.  It was only 11 weeks from the time we found out, until the time she was gone.  Really puts things into perspective when you think about how precious and short live really is.   I miss her dearly and still can sob like a baby when I think of her. 
I know and trust that God's way's are better than my ways, but there are times that I wish He hadn't taken her so soon.  She never did get to meet either of my boys, I was pregnant with my first son when she died. 
It grieves me so that my kids do not get to have B-Mom in their little lives anymore.  My mom was one of those involved grandmas, there for everything.  I am thankful that my girls still have some memories of her, since they were both very younger .  I love when they talk the sleep overs they had and how she made homemade waffles, how they'd swinging out back in her hammock and it is real funny when they remind me of her little wooden paddle!
I am thankful that my mom and I had such a great relationship.  I am even more thankful that we are sisters in the Lord, and will be spending eternity together with the Him.


Eph 2:4-8

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(KJV)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...